We continue about the sports psychology topic we started a few weeks ago. If you want to see specific questions and answers about the topic, follow the link below.
We found a nice article about Children’s Self Esteem.
Recommendations for Building Self-esteem of Children:
* Love them regardless of how they perform.
* Give them opportunities to demonstrate their competence.
* Focus on areas over which they have control (e.g., their efforts rather than results).
* Encourage your children to take appropriate risks.
* Allow your children to experience failure and then help them learn its essential lessons.
* Set expectations for their behavior.
* Demand accountability.
* Have consequences for bad behavior.
* Include them in decision making.
To read the whole article, follow the link below.