100-0 Basketball Game – Find out What Players and the Coach REALLY Said. You’ll find truly inspirational basketball quotes.
Read real responses from the basketball coach and the players after 100-0 victory became a global news story.
Short Review – What happened?
In case somebody hasn’t heard about the case, here is a short review:
- On Jan 13th Texas High School basketball team Covenant, a private Christian school in Dallas wins a game against Dallas Academy 100-0
- About a week later school officials came up with a statement, in which school apologized the win. School officials said they were seeking a forfeit.
(As you’ll soon see this statement is totally different from the coaches and players quotes, which are listed below.)
- The story spread all over the news and received national, even international attention. The team was criticized in the media by “doing the full-court press and 3-point shots, etc”.
- The Covenant coach, Micah Grimes stood up for his team by responding:
- Coach Micah Grimes got fired
Responses from the basketball coach Grimes after the incident:
Responses from the Players of Coach Grimes:
100-0 Basketball Game Aftermath
What is best for the girls in the team? Firing the coach?
If there is something I am upset about this case – it is that the basketball coach got fired.
Quotes above tell how much players liked their coach. I don’t think the school administration was thinking about the girl’s best when they fired him.
Coach stood up for his team – and has to pay for it! – “Do you think it is right?”
Coach Micah’s decision for not agreeing with the school officials shows his loyalty for the girls. Coach did what you supposed to do in team sports – you play for the team.
He stood up for his team and players by saying:
“I do not agree with the apology or the notion that the Covenant School girls basketball team should feel embarrassed or ashamed.”
His players have been playing for him and sticking with him on the floor. Now he stood up for them – and has to pay for it.
“Do you think the school did the right thing for the girls by firing the coach?” “Did he deserve to get fired for disagreeing with school officials?”
Read the whole story here: